Senior Applications Engineer – Solar
Would you consider yourself a “technical expert” in solar PV?
Like the idea of a start-up environment but also want the stability of a major company with a global track record?
That’s what we have here… Our client is a major tracker manufacturer with more than 13 years global experience. The US however is a market they are not that well-known in (yet!). That’s all about to change as the company is now on a big growth path after securing a multi-GW portfolio of projects.
There’s just a handful in the team currently and we are supporting them on a number of key requirements, one of which is that of Senior Applications Engineer. Some of the tasks include:
- Develop and implement enhancements and revisions to meet the needs of the client, including tracker configuration and site-specific design requirements
- Design 2D and 3D renderings and structural calculations based on project intake and customer- provided data
- Edit and optimise customer projects in AutoCAD, PVCase, PVsyst, and other PV software
- Provide primary technical support for the customer after proposal and layout stage through sourcing, training, component delivery, and project commissioning
- Train customers and educate staff on systems applications
- Work cross-functionally to support the development, deployment, and optimisation of software solutions and services
So the USP here is the chance to come in at a stage where things are just ramping up, you’ll get to bring your ideas to the table, build a team around you and help shape the growth of the company in the US.
Several years technical / engineering experience in large-scale solar is an absolute must. You can be based totally remotely with some travel here and there. Salary range is somewhat open but ideally around the $120k – $140k level (plus bonus).
Sounds like a fit? Please apply now with your updated CV. If you’re just browsing at this stage, feel free to reach out to me directly for an informal chat – firstname.lastname@example.org