Country Manager – Italy
You like the idea of a start-up, but you also want some security?
That’s what we’ve got here, it’s the best of both worlds I guess… the chance to come in and really shape things, bring your ideas to the table. But still have the backing of a well established (15+ years) and well supported company.
This company was founded back in 2006, but it’s only in the last few years that they’ve really pushed their international expansion with the backing of 2 major companies (a utility and an investment firm). They’re currently active in PV project development & construction in 7 countries and are now looking to enter the Italian market.
You’ll be the “first in” and have a blank page to make it your own. You’ll create and implement the strategy, budgets and business case and build the team to around 8 people in the first year.
- Incorporate and establish the local entity
- Be responsible for building and managing a PV project pipeline (green-field and co-development) from the investment decision stage until ready-to-build status is reached.
- Hand-over of the ready-to-build projects to the in-house EPC team.
- Create and standardise a project development process map for Italy
- Oversee the negotiation and execution of contracts (especially land/option lease, wayleaves for site access and grid route, grid connection agreement, land agent agreements) with respective stakeholders
- Manage the due diligence process for co-development projects
This role isn’t for everyone, you’re going to be building up the market from scratch, so you’ll need to be highly driven and extremely proactive – a real entrepreneur. Professionally, it’s essential that you have at least 5 years PV project development experience in Italy.
If this is you, then please apply now. If you don’t currently have an up to date CV, don’t worry, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.